Thursday, November 4, 2010

Robert Charles Arthur II "Bobby" is here!

Robert Charles Arthur, Jr is here! He was born October 30, 2010 at 10:46am and weighed 7lbs 5oz measuring 19in long. It is amazing looking back how everything was pointing to us going into the hospital that night. It all started at 3:30am when I was not sure if my water broke or not and Robby woke up and said, "are you sure your water broke?" I had not even said anything to him. I then went to my parents house later that day, when I walked in the door my dad said that I was going to be having the baby tonight. Next, Robby and I decided it was time to get our new camera so we could have it ready for Sunday night, when I was going to be getting induced. Around 5:00pm before Robby and I headed to McCormick and Schmicks for our last dinner as just the two of us it felt like my water was slowly trickling out (sorry if too much information but that is how it happened). I started thinking about how my mom told me we should get our car packed just in case something happened that night. So I took my mom's advice and told Robby to get his bag packed. While on our way to dinner we decided I would call our doctor and get checked out after dinner just in case... Well after a delicious dinner we headed to the hospital where we found out pretty quickly we were going to be staying and having the baby. If I had a camera in my hands when the doctor told us this, you would see Robby with a pale white face and a freaked out look on his face. Of course he got himself pulled back together and we called our parents to let them know the very exciting news! We were going to get to meet Baby Artie very soon!

To keep a long exciting story short... I was in labor for 13 1/2 hours and at 10:46am Saturday morning our lives changed forever and we saw that we had a beautiful baby boy! Robert Charles Arthur ll "Bobby". Below are pictures of our sweet baby boy.
Thank you all for coming to visit us in the hospital, bringing dinners by, sending congratulatory messages and so much more. We really don't know how we ever lived without Bobby in our lives. He is such an amazing little boy and we feel truly blessed.
I will be keeping you all posted on Bobby but probably not on a weekly basis anymore... sorry I will be spending time with him :).

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Whitney!! He looks adorable! I hope you are getting some sleep. I remember those first few weeks were pretty rough as a new mom. They weren't kidding when they say everything changes!

    ReplyDelete