Tuesday, October 26, 2010

37 Weeks and some news!!!

Size of Baby: I had my doctors appointment yesterday morning where my doctor once again was concerned about how big Baby Artie is. According to my Week by Week book Artie should be around 6.5 lbs and according to the ultrasound that we had Baby Artie's estimated weight is 8 lbs 5 oz! We were told that the ultrasound estimate could be off 1/2 lb either way but usually they over estimate. Good thing Robby and I both love chunky babies since that will be what we are having :).

Gender: Even though we had a ultrasound yesterday we still do not know the sex. The heart rate was 160 beats per minute. Still high meaning girl.

Movement: This week I have been feeling a bunch of movement on my left side which is right where a foot and hand are located. We got to see on the ultrasound Baby Artie kicking my side and reaching for its foot with it's tiny hand!

Sleep: Still not sleeping.

What I miss: Being able to walk without a waddle.

Craving: Jimmy Johns country club sandwich... This is what I will be eating in the hospital!!! I miss cold deli meat!

What I am looking forward to: Monday or Tuesday of next week... keep reading!

News: As mentioned above... Baby Artie is a big baby already. I am full term, meaning that the baby is fully developed and is now just growing in size.
After our ultrasound, Robby and I went into our doctors office, he took a look at the baby's info and looked at us and said I think we are going to have you come in Nov 1 or 2 to be induced!!!!!!!!!!!!! Robby and I just looked at each other and could not stop smiling in shock and excitement.
To understand this a little more you need to know that my doctor knows I am not wanting a C-section and with the baby being so big if I were to wait for my due date the chances of me having a C-section are increased. The baby's shoulders are measuring around what should be about 40 weeks so the earlier the baby comes out the better!
We are super excited that within a week we will finally get to meet Baby Artie and know if it is a boy or girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment