Monday, October 18, 2010

Baby Shower #3


A few weeks ago my dear friends Liz, Heather, Shae and Kaitlin threw me an all girls baby shower! Once again my friends went above and beyond what they should have done for me. I feel so luck to have such wonderful people in my life.

The party was hosted at Shae's house, which was decorated in a adorable fall/baby theme. When we walked in you could smell the delicious apple cider simmering in the crock pot while looking at the beautifully decorated home of fun games, onsies and little pumpkins.

The Menu: For brunch we had mini cinnamon rolls, salad, the option of chicken tortilla, tomato and ministrone soup and bread... all which were homemade by the hostessess. I of course had to try all three soups, so not to play favorites. And surprise, surprise all were equally delicious and I was able to take jar of each home with me! Yum, yum!


Games Played: My clever friends had fun games for all to play. First was to take a starbucks coffee cup and write a boy and girl name suggestion, guess the date the baby will arrive and then of course what they thought the weight of Baby Artie would be. I am pretty sure everyone guessed over 8 lbs 5 oz... so pretty much everyone thinks Baby Artie will be a big, adorable chunky baby :).
The next game was a fun way of everyone to make fun of how much I love my dogs.. The first poster was "You know the baby has joined the pack when..." Top answers were, Whitney stops working at a dog bakery and works at a human bakery, Whitney stops making the dogs new dishes every month and instead is making stuff for the baby and when Whitney stops feeding her dogs better food than the humans in her house. The second poster was "Now that Robby is a father..." the absolute best response was by his mother! She yelled out, " Robby wont be the biggest baby in the house". It was amazing how true that is.



Gifts: From this shower I got so many wonderful things... stroller, hand made green blanket, books, stuffed animals, clothes, photo session for new baby, Moses basket full of goodies, hospital bag with all the things I will need when the time comes to leave for the hospital and so much more!!!!!
Thank you all so much for everything you have done for me! I love you all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment