Saturday, September 4, 2010

30 weeks!


Just an FYI for this post (and future posts) we call the baby, Artie. This is not in anyway, shape or form one of the names we are thinking about actually naming our child. So don't think we are naming our baby boy... if it is a boy... Arthur Arthur. :) Enjoy...
Size of Baby: Baby Artie is 3 lbs with a total length around 17 inches long. Artie may be practicing breathing movements as he or she rhythmically moves its diaphragm. This is why I feel twitching every once in a while like the baby has the hiccups. Additionally, Baby Artie's brain continues to expand and develop and can now regulate his or her own temperature.
Total weight gain and measuring: Wow I guess after my post yesterday I am going to have to put this info in aren't I? My total weight gain up to this point is 25lbs. As of last week at my 29 week appointment I was measureing 30 cm.
Gender: Only time will tell.
Movement: This week has been a lot of fun for both Robby and I. At least 5 times a day you might see me jump a little because Artie has decided to kick me really hard! It's very difficult to explain the feeling of something moving inside you....all I can say is it is my favorite thing about the whole pregnancy. Lately we have been feeling, what we think, might be a foot, heal or knee moving back and forth just under my rib cage. It really is the most amazing feeling knowing that someone is with me at all time!
Sleep: This has been the first week of my whole pregnancy in which I have had a hard time sleeping. Poor Robby gets woken up 3-6 times a night as I get up to use the restroom.
Cravings: I feel like I don't really have cravings but Robby has pointed out to me, on many occasions, that my ice cream and frozen yogurt intake has increased dramatically! :)
Best moment of the week: My favorite time is early in the morning and late at night when Robby puts his arm around my belly and the baby starts moving like crazy. I just love that we can both feel the baby moving at the same time. Wow am I tearing up right now??? Hormones!
What I am looking forward during week 30: Getting our basement cleaned out and the rest of our house spotless for baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment