Monday, September 13, 2010

31 WEEKS!

Size of Baby: According to my week by week book Artie should weigh 3.5 lbs and measuring 18 inches long. Today I had my 31 week doctor's appointment and I was measuring a little big. The doctor wanted to do a sonogram to see if the growth was baby or fluid. Turns out baby Artie wants to be a football player and is measuring 2 weeks ahead of schedule and it's estimated weight is 4lbs 12 oz so almost 5lbs! Now it is up to me to keep the baby's weight down by limiting my sweet intake... good bye ice cream cravings!

Gender: Today was very hard not to look at the sonogram but we stayed strong and looked away. The heart rate is 152 beats per minute which is great and according to the old wives tale this means a girl... only time will tell though!

Movement: This week we have felt the baby moving a lot more than kicking if that makes sense along with little hiccups. Because we had the sonogram we were able to see what all that moving was. Turns out the baby has made the move to be in position for delivery! This means the head is down and what I thought was a knee pushing in my left side was really a foot that is jabbing at my uterus. During the sonogram we were able to even watch the baby pushing on my side...very cool!

Sleep: I find myself lately in bed at night and never really tired. The problem is not that I can not get comfortable it is more that I just can't get sleepy.

Symptoms: Only symptom is the feeling something is kicking from inside.

What I miss: Being able to roll over at night with no problem.

Cravings: This week I feel I didn't really have any cravings that stick out in my mind. Robby probably would say differently though :).

Best moment of the week: Our first baby shower hosted by my friends Emily Fors, Melissa Clarkson and Annie Anderson (see post below).

What I am looking forward to: My next baby shower that my sisters and aunts are throwing us and more movement!

No comments:

Post a Comment