Sunday, September 12, 2010

Baby Shower number 1!




Last night Robby and I attended our first couples baby shower! The hostesses were our good friends Annie and Ryan Anderson, Melissa and Chris Clarkson and Emily and Rollie Fors.




The night was better than I could have ever asked for. There was a cool breeze, clear sky, a delicious meal and of course having all of our great friends and family at the shower just made the night! My three best friends from college, Karen Duree, Kayla Zeller and Julie Fitzsimons decided to ditch their husbands and fiance and drive to KC for the big night. So as you would suspect after the shower we had our own little girls night that lasted until about 2:00AM... I may be pregnant but when my girls are in town I will stay up and chat all night long.

Menu: We started the night out with brochette and spinach dip for an appetizer with a delicious punch for the non alcohol drinkers. For dinner was an amazing Italian feast consisting of salad, meatballs, lasagna, tortellini and garlic bread. Now for my favorite meal... for dessert we had mini chocolate, vanilla and strawberry cupcakes that were so delicious everyone was trying to figure out how to make them.

Games played: The hostesses changed the baby shower games up a little bit by having all the guys drink 2 oz of beer out of a baby bottle. Turned out Robby was handed the bottle with the slow release nipple on it and he lost miserably!
Gifts: For the gift the hostesses decided to do a themed group gift of "on the go." We got our snap and go stroller, car seat, back seat baby mirror, baby bjorn, cute little onsie sleepers, socks bibs, lullaby CD's, highchair, bumbo, Uggs and so much more! It was so fun coming home and just looking at all the small little things that baby Artie will be using.

Here is a picture of my siblings and their significant others... my brother Wes is missing from the picture because he had already left. (Jenny, Clint, Brooke, Doug, Robby, me, Danny and Morgan)

This is my friend Heather who is now engaged as of last week!!!!!!! Congrats!

Thank you to everyone that was able to make it to the shower! The night was very special to both Robby and I and we feel so lucky to have such wonderful friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment