Monday, September 20, 2010

Baby Arties 2nd Baby Shower

Yesterday we had our 2nd baby shower that was hosted by my sisters and aunts. As always my sisters' creative side was top notch adorable... I only wish I got that gene! If you can not tell from the pictures the flowers are not really flowers they are onsies, bibs and socks rolled up to look like flowers... so precious! The shower was an all girls shower and was attending by moms, my aunts, cousins, grandma, neices, nephew and a few girlfriends. The Menu: For appetizers we had veggie dip and a delicious onion dip that my Aunt Sally should be famous for. For lunch we had chicken salad sandwiches, STA pasta salad, Plaza III salad and smoked salmon. For dessert my sisters made adorable baby cookies and brownies.

Games played: We played the game where everyone guesses how round my belly is. My sister-n-law Jenny measured my belly and then handed out a roll of measuring plastic tape that eveyone had to guess how big I was. Surprise, surprise my mom and mother-n-law guessed me to be the about 10 inches too big :). My friend Heather played it safe and guessed way to small. And there was a almost a tie between Joy Maxwell and my Aunt Sheila Finn... Sheila ended up winning the gift card to Starbucks. Who knew how fun it would be to have your friends and family guess how big you are!

Gifts: When I was finished opening all my gifts I was amazed at all the great stuff we got for Baby Artie! Instead of the guests bringing a card everyone brought a favorite children's book for me to have and read to Baby Artie. Robby's aunts and nana from Charlotte, NC sent us our lamb swing that should help soothe Baby Artie to sleep. His Aunt Ellen from Shelby, NC got us the amazing jogging stroller called the Bob so we can take the dogs and baby on a walk or jog with no probelm. My mother-n-law knitted baby Artie a sweet little mint green blanket. We also got our bathtime stuff, clothes, toys and for the group gift we go our exer saucer, little gym, pump, teethers, diaper cake, and so much more! My sisters' Brooke and Morgan got me... well I will just let you all take a look...

Ahhhhhhh I am just so obsessed with these shirts!!! Chuck has the "I'm the big brother", Oliver has the "I'm the middle brother" and baby Artie has the onsie that reads "My brothers are goldendoodles"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean I wanted to cry when I opened this gift.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for such a wonderful shower! It really means a lot to me that you all went through all the trouble of decorating for the shower, making all the delicious food, going out of your way to buy and send gifts, and of course for coming to the shower. I am just so lucky to have such a wonderful family and friends! Baby Artie is already thw luckiest baby out there!
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment